Advice and Services
We’re here to help 362 days of the year – the only shop on Arran that opens year round come summer or winter. With 10,000sqft of retail space spread across 2 floors there’s something for everyone. As Scotland’s largest independent family-run outdoor store we don’t just stock products; we live and breath them. See how we can help you today:
AdviceOur team are trained by our stocked brands to ensure they’re up to speed on the latest technology and materials being used in products. You’ll also find our in-store team wearing some of the newest gear from the big names out and about during their daily lives – this means we can offer you real world experience on performance and value for money. We’re confident in our knowledge and can offer you advice on any of the following:
- Everyday – the right equipment and gear for general outdoor pursuits
- Technical – looking to push the envelope or head out on a mini expedition; we have specialists in store who can support your kit selection
- Footwear - fit and style from everyday shoe to technical boot
- Men’s and Womens Clothing - technologies and materials from every day to technical outdoor
- Kids – clothing and accessories
- Camping – tents, sleeping bags and general equipment
- Watersports – local advice and equipment from paddlesports to diving
ServicesWe have several dedicated specialists in store for areas such as footwear and watersports which you can access remotely online and in store! But our services don’t just stop when it comes to selling; we offer click and collect, equipment hire, fitting services, local advice, and visitor information. We’re also home to the islands only PADI Dive Resort run by our friends at Dive Arran. With extra services being added all the time it’s worth getting in touch to see how we can best help you.
- Fitting – Footwear and Wetsuits can be difficult to get right when shopping online; we have in-store specialists who really know their stuff and can be on hand to help you remotely or face to face if needed. Use the Live Chat function on the website or email us to get some time booked in.
- Equipment Hire – We hire out kayaks and paddleboards from 4 hours to 7 days, we can even arrange for delivery to your holiday accommodation within Brodick, Lamlash, Whiting Bay and Corrie. You provide the clothing and we provide the equipment. All hires include buoyancy aids free of charge for 1 adult and 1 child. Find out more...
- Click & Collect – need some kit for when you arrive and want to guarantee we’ll have it in store? Order any item from our website and collect in store for free. Never be caught short again.
- Home Delivery – we can deliver across the UK using Royal Mail Tracked 48 hours. Most deliveries arrive within 2 days and it’s free when you spend £80 or more. Here on holiday and don’t have space to take it all with you? Let us deliver it for you and enjoy hassle free packing when it comes to heading home.
- Spread the Cost – use our PayPal Pay in 3 service at the when you shop online; spread the cost of purchases over £30 across 3 months at 0% interest. Subject to approval this service can be used by anyone over the age of 18 with a PayPal account. Seen something you like in-store; simply order on our website, use Pay in 3 and collect your order. Find out more...
- None Stocked Orders – we can normally help order in equipment and gear from our suppliers even if we don’t stock that range. Get in touch today and see how we can help.
- B2B Commercial Orders – if you need equipment for your business or organisation we can help with sourcing and supply from our vast range of brands. Find out more...
- Gift Vouchers and Cards – stuck for ideas when it comes to the perfect gift or present for someone? We offer instore gift vouchers and reloadable cards which can be used online and in-store. Find out more...
- Local Advice – our team live and breath the Isle of Arran and can make personal recommendations to ensure you make the most of your holiday. Our team comprises outdoor professionals to weekend enthusiasts so we can normally give you some great tips and advice. Whether you’re into serious climbing or a leisurely paddle we can normally find someone to start you in the right direction.
- Visitor Information – we’re not the official tourist office but we know our island. You’ll find a range of activity leaflets in-store along with the Visit Arran guide and fold out visitor maps. With local knowledge of what’s going on our team can ensure you don’t miss out during your holiday or time on the island.
- Loyalty Rewards – our customers make our business, and we love to say thank you. As an online customer you’re automatically enrolled into our Loyalty Scheme. If you live on Arran or visit the store regularly why not sign up for a physical loyalty card which allows you to collect points online and in-store. Spend enough and you’ll be rewarded with gift vouchers and special offers. Find out more...
- Scuba Diving – we’re home to the islands only PADI Dive Resort run by our friends at Dive Arran. While you’re here why not book onto a try dive or combine a dive with paddleboard/kayak hire and make some incredible memories out on the water. Find out more...
Need something special or not sure if we can help? Just get in touch with our team today and we’ll do our very best to get you sorted! Contact us now…