Watersports Equipment Hire - Paddleboards and Kayaks
Explore the Isle of Arran by Paddleboard or Kayak
At Arran Active we're always trying to make your time on our amazing island even better and as such offer a range of watersports gear for hire year round. You can book online and pick up from our store location. At certain times of the year we're even able to deliver your equipment to your holiday home or house. At present you can hire:
- Kayaks - RTM Makao (single person) and Duetto (two person) sit on top Kayaks. Collect from the store and launch off the public slipway just across the road. At certain times of year the Makao's can also be delivered to certain vilages. See home delivery updates below.
- Stand up Paddleboards (SUP's) - Red Paddle Co Ride 10'8" inflatable boards which come deflated in their bags ready to be taken anywhere on the island. Collect in store or home delivered (see delivery update below).
- Buoyancy Aids - during low craft hire periods buoyancy aids can be hired seperatly.
- Accessories - we have a wide range of accessories for hire including paddles, helmets and waterproof phone cases.
All Paddelboard and Kayak hires include 1 adult buoyancy aid
Our current prices for hire are listed below - please note this may change without notice and the final price will be shown during the booking process:
- Kayaks (both single and double) - £35 for 4 hours / £55 for day hire (09:30-16:30) / £65 per 24 hours / then £60 per day for 2 days or more.
- Stand up Paddleboards (SUP's) - £65 per 24 hours / then £60 per day for 2 days or more. Minimum hire = 24hours
No deposit taken during booking - so you're free to change at the last minute
During June - September we are able to deliver Paddleboard's and the single seater Makoa's to any address in Sannox, Corrie, Brodick, Lamlash and Whiting Bay on selected dates and times - please contact us BEFORE booking to check availability as this is subject to availability. We do not offer this service outside of the summer season.
We don’t run courses or offer tuition currently at Arran Active Watersports and always advise that you seek professional instruction before going afloat. Kayaks - unless home delivered must only be used in the designated paddle zone. Paddelboards - you’re in control of when and where your adventure will be. This means you can enjoy a day on the beach with the family or set off on a coastal adventure … we’ll give you some top tips, provide you with safety and instructional video’s but beyond that this adventure is all yours.
We recommend anyone taking to the water for the first time seeks professional instruction and we can sign post this in-store. Being out on the water can be dangerous especially in offshore winds or where conditions do not match your ability. We’ll provide you with some advice, but this is an assumed risk activity which is none supervised. You’ll read more about this when booking your hire.
Key Hire Information
We only accept online bookings at present, so you'll need to do this before visiting the store. When you click through to our live booking system using the ‘BOOK NOW’ button below you’ll be able to check availability and reserve your boards & accessories. Please note the following key points before booking your hire:
- The principal hire must be over 18.
- We DO NOT provide wetsuits or exposure protection - however we have a vast stock available to buy in store. To avoid disappoint order online for collection in store.
- We require a security deposit of £250 per SUP and £150 per Kayak plus the hire period charge. You can use a debit or credit card; cash or any other form of security is not accepted and we'll hold this on your account during your hire (just like a hotel). At the end of the hire any damage’s or costs will be deducted from this amount along with the final hire charge. This money is held by the bank and will sit as a pending payment until after the hire. The release of funds can take a day or so; please make sure you factor this in when hiring.
- Either a Passport or UK driving license number will be requested upon checkout and must also be physically presented upon collection in store.
- No hire equipment may leave the island under any circumstance and must be returned upon or before your end of hire date.
- We reserve the right to cancel or refuse to hire for any reason and without notice or explanation
- Cancellation: please be aware of our full cancellation policy before booking which can be found here.
- Return - All Paddleboards must be cleaned and dried before being returned. A cleaning charge may be applied
Should you have any questions or queries before placing your hire booking please email our Head of Paddlesports: email@example.com
I'm all good with that so how do I book?
You can access our online booking system using the button below. If our Hire Operation is closed or unavailable a message will appear instead along with a quick update. Any issues please drop us a message via live chat or call the store on 01770 302113.
We are very sorry, but the browser you are visting us with is outdated and not complient with our website security.
Please upgrade your browser to a modern secure version to view our website.